CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 7, 2011

Tyler's Birthday Dinner

So January 6th, was National Shortbread Day and we did not celebrate this day. WHY? you may ask... well, it's not because we do not like shortbread. It's because we are drowning in sweets at our house. We have Caramel Apple Cake, we have Cream Puffs, and we have Lime Cheesecake. So I am going to save the shortbread for another day.

My best friend (Tammy) has asked me to post my Egg Roll recipe and so that is what I'm going to post today.

So here is the recipe and a picture....

Best Egg Rolls by Angela Hamilton (Allrecipes.com)



1 pound ground pork
1 teaspoon ground ginger (I also add another teaspoon to the coleslaw mixture)
1 teaspoon garlic powder (I also add another teaspoon to the coleslaw mixture)
1 quart peanut oil for frying (I don't use peanut oil, I use whatever is already in my deep fryer)
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons water
2 cups shredded cabbage
2 ounces shredded carrots
(Instead of using the cabbage and carrots and I just buy a bag of coleslaw mix)
8 egg roll wrappers

Season pork with 1 teaspoon ground ginger and 1 teaspoon garlic powder; mix thoroughly. Heat mixture in a medium skillet, stirring until pork is cooked through and no longer pink. Set aside.
Heat oil to about 375 degrees. While oil is heating combine flour and water in a bowl until they form a paste. In a separate bowl combine coleslaw mix, cooked pork mixture, and I add another teaspoon of ground ginger and garlic powder. Mix all together.
Lay out one egg roll wrapper with a corner pointed toward you, Place about a 1/4 to 1/3 cup of the cabbage mixture on the egg roll wrapper (in the middle) and fold corner up over the mixture. Fold left and right corners toward the center and continue to roll. Brush a bit of the flour paste on the final corner to help seal the egg roll.
Place egg rolls into heated oil and fry, turning occasionally, until golden brown. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or rack.

These really are quite amazing! If you need me to post a few pictures of how to actually wrap them up let me know. I'll be more than happy to do that!

2 comments:

Tammy said...

Oh my word! STFD!!!! I am beyond excited to have this recipe - thank you soooooooo much for sharing!! BTW - your blog looks AMAZING!!

REJOICING said...

You are quite welcome my dear friend! I'm just sorry that it has taken me so long to get it to you. ENJOY!
I love the look of my blog...thanks so much for the help!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...